1. Jan Shikshan Sansthan, initially known as Shramik Vidyapeeth was estiblished in Ajmer in the year 1979 under the ages of Ajmer Adult Education Association, Ajmer by the Government of India.
2. In the year 2000, its name was changed as Jan Shikshan Sansthan.
3. The work area o JSS Ajmer is entire Ajmer district.
4. Initially it aimed to train the labour class vocationally to make them self reliant.
5. The Parent Body Ajmer Adult Education Association Ajmer assist and guide the JSS Ajmer in its functioning.
1. Jan Shikshan Sansthan, Ajmer aims to imparts vocational training to illiterate, neo-literate and Rudimentary.
2. To design such training programme which enhance the skill of the neo-literate, illiterate
3. To impart training for Resource Person, Master Trainer and Literacy workers.
4. To develop social, economic and political awareness among the people.
5. To organise vocational training and special educational programmes for women, unemployed and deprived class of the society.
6. To encourage and enhance communal unity, national integrity, educational development and environmental awareness.
7. To organise similar programmes and services for the agencies who are carrying on the similar function.
1. Organise programmes for men and women of age group 15-35 years.
2. Socially and economically deprived group.
3. Men/Women who are illiterate, neo-literate and till rudimentlry level.
4. To organise vocational training programmes for the above, and enhance their skill.
Training programmes for Inmates of Narishala - Every year JSS Ajmer organise training programmes for the inmates of Narishala. This year 42 inmates were benefited.
Under Public Private Partnership - Jan Shikshan Sansthan, Ajmer has organised a computer training programme and cutting & tailoring programme in collaboration with Contonment Board, Ajmer in which 51 participants are benefited.
Text material published -Two text books were published on Beauty Culture & Dress Designing as per syllabus to provide guidance and aid to instructors in imparting the training to beneficiaries.
Exhibition organised by Jan Shikshan Sansthan, Ajmer -
1. An exhibition was organised at Scout & Guide Sangh Ajmer in collaboration with Nehru Yuva Kendra to encourage the youth handicraft and products prepared by the learners.
2. An exhibition was organised by JSS Ajmer on 8th March, 2015 on the occasion of International Women Day in which product prepared by the learners were exhibited for sale.
Needle - The Power of Women, A group of Dress Designing by JSS Ajmer -
A group of 12-15 female who have been our instructors and learners are trained as Master Trainer by a faculty of NIFT. Each trainer is the Head of a unit, carrying on the work of production. This unit has carried out a production of 300-400 kurties.
Needle is an outlet of Designer Kurties at JSS Premises and it aims at self reliance and independence of Needle.
Jan Shikshan Sansthan, Ajmer has been organise various vocational courses which are in accordance to a diferate curriculum either - DAE, MES and NIFT. There are as follows :-S.No. Name of vocational course
1. Food Processing & Preservation
2. Refrigation & A.C.
3. Fashion desinging - Cutting & Tailoring & Dress making
4. Dress making, designing & - Module I Cutting & Tailoring Embroidery
5. Leather design - Rexene/Leather/Jute Bags & Belt
6. Textile design - Dari weaving
7. Textile design - Fabric painting
8. Textile design - Tie & Dye & Batik
9. Knitwear design - Smoking, Mirror work & Applique work
10. Knitwear design - Hand knitting, Macrum work
11. Knitwear design - Hand embroidery
12. Knitwear design - Machine embroidery
13. Electrician Technician - Basic electricity, Electronics and House wiring
14. Handicraft toy making - Toy making
15. Beauty Culture & Health care - Make up
16. Beauty Culture & Health care - Make up + Hair Care setting
17. Computer application - Basic Computer course
The government of India provides financial grant to various Jan Shikshan Sansthan under three categories A, B and C category and following are the financial provisions.
1. Salary Head - Rs. 15 lakhs
2. Programme Head - Rs. 15 lakhs
3. Office expenditure - Rs. 5 lakhs
There are three committees for the smooth functioning of Jan Shikshan Sansthan.
1. Board of Management - Board of Management comprising of a Chairman, 5 official member, Director & Member-Secretary of Jan Shikshan Sansthan, Educationist, Socialist, Industrialist and a Representative of SE/ST.
2. Programme Advisory Committee - Programme Advisory Committee comprising of 4 member.
3. Executive Committee - It comprising 5 members.
4. JSS staff - Comprising of 10 members. The head of the Institution is the Director.
JSS also work in Collaboration with various agencies, in accordance to the demand of public and their needs.
1. Dedicated Fred Corridor Corporation (D.F.C.C.)
2. Shri Cement Beawar
3. Contonment Board, Ajmer
4. Army Women Welfare Association , Nasirabad
5. Nagar Nigam, Ajmer
6. Narishala, Ajmer
7. Nehru Yuva Kendra, Ajmer
8. Rajasthan Mission on Livelihood (RMoL)
9. National Institute of Open Schooling.
10. Disha - RCDS
Every year JSS Ajmer organised various activities in order to develop awareness among its learners and people. They are as follows :-
1. World Environment Day - 5th June
2. World Population Day - 4th July
3. Independence Day - 15th August
4. Teacher's Day - 5th September
5. International Literacy Day - 8th September
6. Mahatma Gandi Jayanti - 2nd October
7. World AIDs Day - 1st December
8. World Human Rights Day - 10th December
9. Republic Day - 26th Jan
10. International Women Day - 8th March
11. Monthly Monitoring Meeting - Every month 5th/6th Day
Ajmer Adult Education Association
Kanta Marwah Bhawan,
Vidyut Marg, Shastri Nagar Extention, AJMER 305006